It’s draft night. The Toronto Raptors currently own the 20th, 37th and 59th picks. That could easily change. Expect the rumor mill to be churning all night – we know Masai Ujiri is always happy to consider pretty much anything.
Let’s get started:
– Congrats to Canadian Andrew Wiggins for being taken first overall. Sorry Andrew Wiggins for being drafted by the Cleveland Cavaliers.
– Congrats to Canadian Nik Stauskas for being taken 8th by the Sacramento Kings.
Update to potential Raps/Grizz trade: Deal would more likely send No. 37 with John Salmons to Memphis for Tayshaun Prince and No. 22 pick
— Marc Stein (@TheSteinLine) June 26, 2014
– Congrats to Canadian Tyler Ennis for being taken 18th by the Phoenix Suns.
– The Raptors take SF/PF Bruno Caboclo. I’m not going to lie – nobody predicted this. Scouting report: “This is the all time swing for the fences pick.’ This is the Brazilian Kevin Durant, but about 3-4 years away from being NBA ready.” We know Masai has that basketball without borders connection, but wow.
– David Aldridge says the Raptors are working to get Ennis. I don’t know about this. Stay tuned.
League source telling me no deal for Ennis to Toronto: "Phoenix wants him"
— Michael Grange (@michaelgrange) June 27, 2014
– The Ennis deal is dead, thankfully. Can’t believe people are obsessing over having this guy on the Raps just because he’s Canadian.
Source: Toronto looking to S&T Kyle Lowry to Miami for cash and future picks. Part II: Bosh opts out, returns to Toronto.
— Ric Bucher (@RicBucher) June 27, 2014
– Wait, WHAT? Toronto looking to sign and trade Lowry and bring in… Bosh? Doesn’t make sense to me. Really think this is BS.
– With the 37th pick, the Raps took DeAndre Daniels, a SF from the UConn Huskies. There’s that large wing Masai wanted.
– And finally, with the 59th pick the Raps take Xavier Thames, a SG from San Diego State. Likely will be the 15th man. Goodnight, folks.
– I guess not, as Thames heads over to the enemy side. Indeed, the Brooklyn Nets have acquired Thames. Likely for some cash, future pick, or something.